Monday, June 22, 2009

What the heck?!

I'm sitting here on South Cobb Drive near the Shell station light. I am in the right lane of a five lane (including turning lane) road. When all of a sudden, the light turns green, and the truck in front of me (Boar's Head delivery) starts going in reverse! NO reverse lights. All I hear is beeping and see this truck coming towards me. This is a road....not a driveway.

He slams on his brakes hard enough to rock his truck. I'm thinking, "what the Hell is he doing?!"

I sit there for a few seconds, put my turning signal on, and here he goes again - Reverse...beeping....coming closer to my car. I couldn't go anywhere - there was a line of cars behind me. I lay on my horn - he stops again. At this point, I'm pissed. Obviously, he can't see me....or the twenty other cars behind him flashing their lights, laying on their horns..............during the lunch hour.

I FINALLY get a chance to pass him when someone lets me in, and I LAY on my horn at him and glare at him. I looked in my rear view mirror to see him still reversing...down South Cobb drive....and into a shopping plaza parking lot (instead of just turning right into the Shell station, coming back out at the light, or using the cut through in the Shell parking lot).

No comments: