Tuesday, March 24, 2009

R.I.P. Chilly Willy....welcome "Barbie."

Last year I started biking. The first bike I purchased was ice blue and white in color...a beginner's hybrid bike. I named it Chilly Willy. It carried me well across the Greenway in Alpharetta, along the Silver Comet Trail, etc. but it was time to move on to my next level hybrid. "CW" had wider tires, not really 700c as a true hybrid would have, and its frame structure was designed so it didn't have any mounts for water bottles, etc.

I found my bike. When I looked at it a few days ago, the model was seafoam green. I could deal with that. That's cool. Last night, we went and got Andrew's bike (black), and the 2009 model of the matching ladies Hybrid is FUSCHIA. Not just pink, but it's FUSCHIA. Bright friggin' Crayola crayon FUSCHIA.

I succumbed. It's okay. There are more FUSCHIA ladies biking attire than there is seafoam green.

So I am retiring Chilly Willy and bringing "BARBIE" into the light. The name only seemed fitting since the "signature color" (Pink is mah signa-cha color) of Barbie is....pink.

No comments: