Monday, January 26, 2009

German Shepherds

Eventually I'll make the plunge and purchase a German Shepherd from a reputable breeder to train for obedience, Schutzhund, etc.

I find this breeder's response to me asking what type of bloodlines the dogs have and what kind of workability do they have:

"I have mine as household pets. I do know that some of the past litters have gone on as house pets, show dog training. If this helps at all mine as housepets only my dam can smell and find anyone that has drugs she has brought it to me and the person was asked to leave. My sire he is really good about smelling areas that are infected yes I know that most dogs do but I went through cancer and he kept pushing in the area where it was. I spoke to my doctor and vet and they said that may be his gift."

I have heard of cancer smelling dogs, but cuckoo....a dog that detects narcotics, hasn't been trained to detect narcotics, and the dog brings the drugs to her? Seriously?

By the way, the dogs' names that she breeders are pretty much on the same level as "Bubba Bo Bob's Beautiful Boy" and such. There are NO records of them anywhere as far as health, breeding, working, titles, etc.

No comments: