Friday, November 7, 2008

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, are we?

So my voicemail on my cell phone clearly says my name.

I just got a message, "hey this message is for Gary. I'm calling to remind you of your appointment at Collage on Monday at 1. Thanks."

So I call back using our company phone.

"Hi, someone just called my number looking for Gary who has an appointment with you all. There's no Gary here. It's the wrong number."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Well do YOU have an appointment here?"

"I don't even know what you guys are so...no."

"We're a hair salon and spa, we do haircuts and stuff?"

"Like I said, I don't know who you guys are so NO."

"Let me check the number."

"Are you 770-333-xxxx?" (work number)

"Yes, but that's not the number that was called looking for Gary. The message was left on my cell number at 404-xxx-xxxx." (One can only assume when she said, "let me check the number," she looked on her caller ID...not their appointment book.)

"Oh okay, well um...sorry?"

No comments: