Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hmph.

I have been a member of Freecycle for the past 5 years. MOST people on Freecycle really need the items they request. There was a woman who requested a loveseat on Freecycle - was in "desperate need." So I thought I'd offer her one of my two loveseats. I told her it wasn't much, but if she was in dire need, it'd work. I'd even throw in a loveseat cover, it was lightweight, etc.

She replied to me today. Apparently she's looking for an excellent condition full living room suite for her new house, and my loveseat just would not fit in.

Now, the goal of Freecycle is to give stuff away so that it doesn't end up in landfills, etc. Like I said, most people NEED the items they request and are happy with whatever as long as it is in normal, decent condition. Freecycle isn't a group to join because you want a brand new/excellent condition matching living room suite for your new home :\

No comments: