Friday, April 18, 2008

Don't be a store with false advertising...

Chapter I: No, I didn't see anything wrong with her....Last night, I had a platonic dinner with someone from online. It was strictly friends only, as had been professed from the get go Let's say par for the course.............Person and you converse online.Person and you move to the phone and e-mail.Person and you make it very clear - platonic....friends......hang out.......agreed.

Seems to be going okay...one person seems introverted (what are your interests? oh...computer programming, computer games, reading and writing about political and economics, online debating)....other person an extrovert (what are your interests? camping...hiking...trail running...backpacking....travel....)

Seems like it could be a salvaged after further conversation. I get to dinner and clearly can tell that this person wasn't exactly honest about pretty basic empirical things - height for instance....profile says 5'10".......he was 5'2" at the max. Okay - I can look past that except for the fact that he lied.

The conversation ended up being one-sided. When I said something witty, he would crack up laughing - not just a chuckle, but an all out, grab his mouth, face turn red, snorting laughing fiesta. It's kind of hard to have a normal adult conversation when the other person interrupts you with laughter similar to a fit caused by a Grand Mal seizure.

He asked me how long I'd been single. I tell him a couple of months. He tells me he's been online for several months and had met some cool people - then proceeds to tell me about 3 psychos he met ....but didn't see them as psychos (though one was a 17 year old pregnant girl who said she was turning 18 soon who was pregnant by her 38 year old ex boyfriend to whom she lied and said she was 21 who was due and looking for a sincere and good man, etc.) so I, in my cynicism, laughed....and then he says he was at the birth of her child, and thought it was cool, etc.

Proceeds to tell me he still talks to her on the phone. Post the birth of her child, she and her boyfriend call him up and ask him how long after she had her baby can she have sex, how long after having her baby can she have oral sex....how long after having a baby until she can use sex toys....but all of that was normal...including the fact that her boyfriend was there. But no...that wasn't enough....then while she and her mom were arguing, she dropped her baby, and he was quick to tell me - but it was okay because it hit the couch first (not okay).....but that was normal for him, too......then she tried to runaway again, but had to come back....so then she wanted to egg her mom onto hitting her so she could call Dept of Fam/Children Svcs, but that didn't work...so she slugged her mom, and then her mom had her committed into a psychiatric ward and the baby was awarded to the mother...but that was okay.........WOW.....NO.

Then there was this other girl (as he's telling me this completely nonchalante) who tried to kill herself.

Then he thought it was funny to kick her ex girlfriend's 15 years old cat into the pool one night and watch it try to struggle to get out.

Then he informs me about the "fun" he and his ex girlfriend had posting her size 28 self on adultfriendfinder and another website just to "see" what would happen....I'm beginning to see a trend here that this person doesn't know how to live OFF the internet and uses the internet as a social shield.

Then....he started talking about his "democracy now" group and his "online debating." He was similar in comparison to the news people online that get in all of these "experts" when something happens. The experts are attempting to explain something objectively, but the news person jumps in, twists the words around, and doesn't let the other person speak.

I voiced my political and economic opinions and was interrupted and talked over and informed "no...no....NO...that's not how it is."

At least ESPN was over his shoulder, and my Ducks were playing. The night ended with that awkward - okay...well...good night.....drive carefully.By the time I got home, I had an e-mail telling me what a great time he had, how "very attractive" I am....(insert random compliments here) and wanted to know when we could go out again........

No comments: