Monday, September 21, 2009

Every [rain] cloud has a silver lining...

In case you were oblivious to the weather the past couple of days, it's been rather rainy and wet. It wasn't necessarily stormy except maybe in the night, but for the most part it was very.....wet. The little trickling creek in my backyard has been replaced by Class I rapids, but it still doesn't pose a threat to us. I feel like I'm living on the Chatooga rather than your typical creek.

But that's okay.

Every cloud has a silver lining, and this past weekend is no different.

Unlike other Georgians, Andrew and I decided to get up and get moving on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, we braved the torrential downpours with Grimm in the back seat to go to the Georgia Classic Cluster Dog Show down in Atlanta near Conley. While we were there, we only saw one other German Shepherd: an incredibly skinny female puppy, maybe 4-5 months old. A little old lady came up to us and started talking to Grimm (and Grimm, in turn, started responding). She said she used to breed and show German Shepherds for forty years. She asked how old he was, and we told her, "8 months." She replied that he was "absolutely gorgeous."

Afterwards, we headed to Jasper and decided to take a round-about way back, stopping at Andrew's parents house (his parents who weren't home). Andrew grabbed a gift bag and brought it back with him, setting it on the coffee table.

Later on that day, he told me to open it as it was my one year anniversary/birthday present: it was a telephoto lens for my Nikon DSLR. I was thrilled (and still am).

Yesterday, we spent our one-year anniversary watching movies while it rained outside. We took a brief walk down to the creek to see the rushing waters and joked about putting a kayak in....but not knowing where it would end up.

We didn't do anything incredibly special for our one-year anniversary, but in case you couldn't tell already, we're not extravagent people. We reflected on some funny things that happened when we first met, I said I should have baked chocolate chip cookies (how I wooed Andrew in the first place), and we just said how very happy we were and how we fit and matched so well. Neither one of us are push-overs, and we have an open line of communication at all times. If something is bothering us, we talk about it before it even starts to bother us. If either one of us have had a rough day, the other knows exactly what to do to change it. In the one year we have been dating, we've never had an argument. We TALK instead.

Boy do I love him :)

No comments: