Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Taste of Italy: your neighborhood Italian place

Taste of Italy
6234 Old Hwy 5, # D4
Woodstock, GA 30188
678-388-7270

Andrew and I found "Taste of Italy" by accident on our way home along 575 one night. We didn't know what to expect.

The restaurant is located in a strip mall situated among a large grocery store and some other random shops. Boy were we surprised.
The food is amazing. The staff is more than friendly. The prices are phenomenal.

Don't plan on getting Americanized Italian food with crappy canned sauces, etc. Expect the "real deal."

Just last night, I said to Andrew, "I hope Chicken Cacciatore is the special tonight." Unfortunately, it wasn't. I mumbled something under my breath to the tune of, "I wish it was Chicken Cacciatore." The person taking our order heard me and said, "he can make it for you if you really want." She called back to Pasquale who nodded that he could make it. I was in Heaven.

A few minutes later, we had crunchy salad with the house dressing, and shortly thereafter, piping hot plates of eggplant parmigiana and spaghetti and chicken cacciatore and spaghetti. (Two entrées, two drinks - $23.) Because they give us so much, we both took "To-Go" boxes and had lunch for today.

If this restaurant was publically-traded, we'd have stock in it as many times as we eat there a week! I cannot say enough great things about this restaurant. It is NOT a chain so don't compare it to other restaurants by the same name.

Visit - you won't be disappointed.

No comments: