Monday, March 2, 2009

South Georgia Trip

Over the weekend, Andrew and I went to South Georgia to visit my parents. We left on Friday (in the rain), and we had a good visit. On Saturday morning, my mom, Andrew and I went garage sale shopping. We picked up a bike rack for the trunk of my car ($2), a waterproof beach bag for Jamaica ($1), but the steals of the day were a 3-pack collectible paperback excellent condition of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and the first five Harry Potter books (hardcover - first edition - U.S.) for...get this....$0.50/ea! Someone had stolen all of my Harry Potter books I had gotten (up to The Order of the Phoenix), and do you know how difficult it is to find even USED copies for under $15/ea? Let alone - $0.50/ea.

When we all walked back to the truck, Andrew and I laughed at the woman with the garage sale:

Me: "How much are these?" (Held up H.P. books)
Seller: "Let's see...1...2..3..4..5...at $0.50/ea....$2.50."
Andrew: "And these?" (Held up LOTR books)
Seller: "Well now THOSE are $1.00."

She made it sound like, "that packet of books is so great, it's $1.00 not $0.50."

Mom, of course, fixed huge meals. We played Wii when it started to storm, and on Sunday morning, we left at 8am due to the impending winter storm.

It started sleeting in Vienna, Georgia, but then it stopped. We mainly had rain the rest of the way until Kennesaw. By the time we reached Kennesaw, it was snowing. By the time we reached my apartment, it was raining.

All in all, a good weekend...though we got up at 6:45 am Saturday...and 7 am Sunday.

No comments: