My PSA to all female gamers: (PC or console)
1. You don't have to talk and talk and talk and talk on your mics so that everyone knows you're a female. I don't care about hearing useless information about your day, and how when you game with player X, they never let you [insert tactic here]. Okay, you're a female. We get it. You don't have to be so arrogant about it.
2. Okay, so you "think" you have a particular game mastered. It would behoove you to check out your teammates' gamerscores/achievements for that particular game instead of trying to be Butch and trying to take charge over the team. Ex: L4D (of course) - campaign mode...team of 4. Yes, we know to shoot the Tank, we don't have to hear your attitude saying, "Uh - shoot him....um helllooooo? shoot him!" (FYI, don't run into a small little closet or bathroom when the Tank is coming, and he has his sights set on you).
3. EARN YOUR OWN ACHIEVEMENTS! I find it difficult to believe that every female gamer has earned all of their achievements without having someone play for them. Ex: L4D (again) - campaign mode....I find it hard to believe someone can earn "Safety First" (no friendly fire the whole game) when, during the game, you keep saying, "Oops - sorry" or "My bad" or "Sorry for shooting you," etc.
4. THINK before you SPEAK. When someone is calmly trying to tell the whole group something (Okay, we can get the Untouchables over here), don't abruptly (and abrasively) interrupt them and snarkily say, "Like you have to not take any damage the ENTIRE campaign...not just the end." If you had thought before you spoke, you'd know you were wrong, and interrupting someone trying to talk would be unnecessary.
5. Ladies, you don't have balls. Don't act like you need to swing them around and beat your chest. You're a female. You're a gamer. Who cares?
gamer [gey-mer] n. a person who plays games.
game [geym] n. 1. an amusement or pastime 2. a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.
Now, unless my reading comprehension skills are mistaken, I can't find "pissing contest" anywhere in either one of those legitimate definitions.
What it boils down to is stop complaining that "guys" don't show female gamers any respect when you can't, in turn, show them the same respect. If you want to be treated with respect or "politeness," then don't act like a Gaming Butch. There's no need to be arrogant or haughty.
Quit yer bitchin'.