Sunday, October 26, 2008

WTF, Yellow Cab?

I didn't realize my cell phone was on silent. I was beginning to wonder why I hadn't heard from AnDREW when he got home, and so I looked at my phone. Seven missed calls. Three voicemails. Uh Oh.

I notice AnDREW had only called once, and there was a 214 number that called the other six times. The first message was incoherent, "Hello....deese eez....." and the phone broke up. The next five calls were hang ups when my voicemail picked up. The last call was AnDREW.

I tried doing a lookup for the 214 number that called me, and it was a cell phone based out of Allen, Texas. Well...my new cell number is private.

I called the 214 number back, "hey-low?"

"Someone called me from this number?"

"Yeys, I call lack six times for you."

"Who is this?"

"Deese eez Yellow Cab."

"Uh, I did not call 'Yellow Cab,' and this is an Atlanta, Georgia number."

"Well no. You deed not call deez number, you call the Yellow Cab Compenee."

"No, I did NOT call the Yellow Cab company. As a matter of fact, no one has made an outgoing call on this phone for the past six hours."

"Oh you deed not call Yellow Cab?"

"No."

"Oh sorry, sometimes me compenee give me wrong number."

A 404 phone number calls in Texas. You'd think after calling a number six times with no answer, you might call your dispatch and ask them to verify the number, you think?

*shakes head*

And now I can go back to bed.

No comments: