Thursday, October 16, 2008

I met the crazy cat lady...

So you have one, two, maybe even three cats, and you're beginning to wonder if maybe you're the crazy cat lady? You're not.


When I walked up to her house, I was met by an unfixed male cat. She told me she had sealed the separate entrance to the apartment (that was supposed to be "separate from the house") due to security issues (red flag). So we walk into her house, and I'm greeted by six cats and a house that smells like one giant litterbox. We walk around and to the downstairs, and there are two cats on the washer/dryer, four in the windowsill and one on the stairs (keep count now). We go downstairs, and the "apartment" is your standard basement - berber carpering and still smelled like cats. We have four cats in the "living room" area, two in one bedroom, three in another, and three more in the "kitchen" area. There were giant Rubbermaid containers cut out to be huge litterboxes.

We walk back upstairs, and my throat is already closing and getting scratchy. She just "HAS" to introduce me to her other cats. She calls for them and six more come walking into the house.


Count now:
6 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 6 = 31 (my bad, I had originally said 25) not including any other cats in the back rooms of her house.

After her reading me my horoscope, asking about my "moon" and my "rising" signs, I thanked her for showing me the "apartment," but I told her I was allergic to cats, and when she said she "had a few" and the apartment was "separate," I was thinking it was separate from the house, and "a few" cats meant 3.

No comments: