Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thank You.

It's about 9:35 EST, and I just got back from the BBQ. I met some people that I had heard about, and I met Robert's family. I also met some of Morgenstern and Robert's mutual friends that I had heard about as well. Morgenstern's mom and dad prepared a feast, and there were MORE than enough desserts:



Foreground to background:





Light chocolate cake, chocolate chip poundcake, strawberry cake, carrot cake, specialty cake (Congrats Amanda and Robert), red velvet cake, anaddictive Andes mint cake, regular pound cake, and on the other table a pink lemonade cake, and brownies.

All in all the BBQ was great. I saw people I hadn't seen in awhile (a couple of years), and we had a great time hearing stories about each other we hadn't heard before.

I saw Morgenstern's grandparents again (on her dad's side : Frances and Henry), and I ached a little for my maternal grandparents that passed away.

Funny thing is Morgenstern and I were talking about randomness on my drive over there including Warhammer, WoW, and Robert jumped right into conversing with me when I got there about Portal and Bioshock. Morgenstern popped in with her Halo story (see below), and it made me smile.

Morgenstern's Halo story:

Morgenstern is NOT a Halo person :) She came to the cabin one day when we were back in college, and I said, "let's play Halo." First, her controls weren't inverted (as I like them), and so she was looking up and down oppositely. Then, she was looking out towards my blue arrow to catch up with me...and walked off a cliff. After her doing that a couple of times, I realized this wasn't going to work, and we reverted to, "I wonder if I can shoot and kill you AS you fall off the cliff." Turns out.....she would walk, I would stand at the edge. Yes, you can be shot and killed....as you're falling....and dying off a cliff. Go figure.

Morgenstern, Robert, Morgenstern's sister and her boyfriend all headed to see Dark Knight, and I headed back home.

No comments: