Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Secret Society.

Okay, well we're really not a secret society, but all of us have been called a rarity at one time. Four intelligent women meeting for lunch. We all went to North Georgia together, and that's where we all met - slaving away as English majors in a sea of books and papers, and we loved every minute of it.

It was good to see Bobbie (girl) again, and I saw Jennifer yesterday, but it's always a pleasure. Laura came, too, whom I hadn't seen probably since around when Tobey passed away last year. We discussed everything from professors to "remember that time when" and "what happened to so-and-so?"

We discussed Morgenstern's surprise over Labor Day weekend *insert evil grin here* that no, I won't post here because she reads this. It was a wonderful afternoon. We're sending "must have a boy" vibes over to Jennifer who is pregnant with her third child (her two other children are beautiful smartass girls - they're great!). Boy or girl, I am sure that it will be just as sarcastic and intelligent as her daughters :)

We have plenty of pictures from this weekend that I will post on my Facebook shortly (or, rather, as soon as I get them).

We ended the afternoon with Laura and I stopping in at Once and Again books in Roswell (the used bookstore from the previous post). $62 later...I got the following (remember, I'm rebuilding my library):

Winesburg, Ohio - Sherwood Andersoon (softcover)
A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle (softcover)
The City of Falling Angels - John Berendt (softcover)
A book for Keith - (hardcover)
Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time - Dava Sobel (softcover)
Angela's Ashes - Frank McCourt (softcover)
All Quiet on the Western Front - Erich Maria Remarque (softcover)
Angels & Demons - Dan Brown (hardcover)
The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown (hardcover)
The Cider House Rules - John Irving (hardcover)
Another book for Keith - (softcover)

I truly am addicted to that store. It's a bibliophile's pocket book's worst nightmare!

No comments: