Saturday, July 26, 2008

Big Pie and Cupcakes.

It's 1:00pm on Saturday afternoon, and I haven't even gotten out of bed yet. I went to bed sometime a little after 6am which I haven't done in awhile. I noticed that Jennifer had called, and she and Josh and the girls were headed (driving) down to Disney World. I had told her yesterday to not fret, but that the drive down to Disney was pretty boring. I relayed Lesley's and my trip story down to Disney (i.e. staying just outside Ocala when we just couldn't drive anymore). I called, and, sure enough she says, "Hey, Shelby.....how long do we stay on 75 before we hit I-4?" I thought, and asked where she was, "just around Gainesville."
"Oh, so you haven't been through Ocala yet?" (I use that as a marker as Ocala is the land of thoroughbred farms.
"No."
"You haven't missed your turn yet."

Lesley and I drove to Disney last November, and it was the most boring drive...ever. We said next time we went to Disney World, we would be flying - lol.

So what are my plans today? I have no idea. I will probably clean the house and do laundry and all of those other domesticities. I wanted to go biking, but I'm not really in the mood or want to go biking now.

I still don't know what the generating schedule is for Buford Dam so kayaking is even up in the air at this point this weekend. I had considered doing some photo-painting, but eh - not really. I might go and get a plastic pallet and some heavy watercolor paper and paint some watercolors later, but the last time I painted had good memories lost.

Ugh - I'm starting to sound like a Shakespearean Tragedy as told by an Emo brat.

Even though everything else is f'ed up..........there's always Big Pie and cupcakes :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! That's me. I'm pretty much famous now.