Thursday, June 12, 2008

I don't know WHAT I'd do....

I don't know WHAT I'd do if the man I loved sacrificed his own life so that myself and another could possibly live and died beneath me :(

"Fallen Mount Rainier Hiker Hailed As Hero"

SEATTLE -- A hiker who died of exposure on Mount Rainier had lain on the ground so that his wife and friend could lie on top of him in an effort to stay warm, a ranger at the park told KIRO News Radio.

Eduard Burceag, 31, died from exposure on the mountain Tuesday after he, his 31-year-old wife, Marianna Burceag, and friend, David Vlad, 37, went for a day hike on Monday and became trapped during extreme weather conditions.

"They definitely knew they were in a tough spot all night and they basically huddled together and lay on top of each other. But he (Burceag) took the hit for his team and insisted on being kind of the guy on the bottom so he would take the brunt of the cold and keep his wife warm. And she made it," said a park ranger.

No comments: