Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The “wave” does not replace driving common sense.

Headed down 285 yesterday, I wait in the traffic jam known as 400 (you would think they would have a better way of dumping 285 onto 400, but that’s too easy!). As I’m driving, I’m noticing traffic around me. First, I get annoyed with the woman in front of me in a Honda Civic, going through stuff on her passenger seat/on her passenger’s side. She’s either not moving, or she’s moving at 1 MPH (which is almost impossible due to the weight of the car combined with gravity, blah blah blah). She’s holding up traffic behind her, and what’s this? She now has moved into the pissing me off stage from the annoying stage when she starts throwing trash out her window. Eventually, someone almost drives into her, and I can only hope it’s a mercy accident, but she got off at another exit.

Ah, I see it! Utopia! The on-ramp to 400 – no one can cut me off…..and then a silver Honda comes whizzing past me, and I see a flash of blonde hair and a hand up in the air as the driver almost slams into the front end of my car. Apparently, waiting in line was something she was not willing to do. Seeing me (lucky me) she decides to cut me off by going 15 mph to my 3 mph and “waving” as she does so. Is that supposed to be a “thanks?”

Is it wrong that at that point in time, I wanted nothing more than a large pick up truck so I could slam into her and her little “hehe – thanks” wave?

No comments: