Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm hot.....and I didn't know it.

I don't think I'm "hot" - unless it's the Summer....that's a different story. I am blushing now from one of my clients who I haven't met yet and lives/designs homes in Napa Valley:

Receptionist: Thank you for calling, how may I help you?
Client: I think my salesperson just called.
Receptionist: "Shelby?"
Client: Is THAT her name?
*** rings back to me ***
Me: This is Shelby.
Client: Okay do you like cars, or do you just have a hot name?
Me: Both.
Client: Let me guess....Shelby......you're tall, blonde, and skinny?
Me: I'm tall, brunette, and curvy.
Client: Hot name...hot voice.....hot looks....do you have a hot car, too?
Me: As much as I'd like to say, I roll outta here with a '66 427 AC Cobra, my Honda says otherwise.
Client: Okay, how did you get the name, Shelby?
Me: I'd love to profess carloving parents, but it was a dying soap opera patient on General Hospital.
Client: HAHAHAHAH!
*Insert random classic car banter here*
Close a $45,000 deal.

No comments: