Monday, April 28, 2008

I have a problem with this.



I have a problem with the above photo. It's not because I think the photo was done poorly, but it's because this is 15 year old Miley Cyrus. At first I thought, "okay - so she has a sheet draped across her" when I heard the debate on the radio, but after seeing the photo now, I have a problem with it.

The family, Miley, blah blah blah said it was "artistic." I was expecting to see a 15 year old girl, covered, hair done, etc. looking like a "posed" photo - not a 15 year old girl with her hair tussled looking like she just sat up from having sex.

When the world is looking for a "famous" role model for their child, the last thing they want is their child to see their role model partially bare on the cover of a magazine. Even a tank top would be better - it'd look like she just woke up.

At first, it was said that the Cyruses, her manager, etc. said the photo was "artistic." Now that there is this huge debate, they have a problem with it.

I have no doubts that there are creepy older guys who go to Miley's concerts (Hannah Montana) not for her musical talents - more for her looks, etc. So why promote that with this photo?

Shame on you.

No comments: