Saturday, January 29, 2011

One step forward. Two steps back.

I came home on Thursday to find a hangtag on my door from the water company.  It said that we had a "higher water consumption rate" and our "dial was spinning, indicating a leak."  Oh boy. 

Then Andrew came home on Thursday, looking and acting like death warmed over.  102.7 degree fever, aches, and a feeling of overall yuckiness. 

I stayed home from work on Friday to take care of Andrew and in case Paulding County or a plumber could come by.  Unfortunately, the plumber couldn't come by until this morning (8 a.m....right on time) and is now outside checking our water lines from the meter to the house, etc. 

By the way, I'm sure Paulding County's hangtag was a nice way of saying, "hey, by the way, your water bill is going to be HUGE! Just thought you should know." 

All I could think of last night was "if we had a well, how would we know if we had a leak in the line?"

Andrew was in bed all day yesterday, and he will probably be in bed all day today. 

I, being nice, slept out in the living room last night.  While Gidget was fine (she curled up at the end of the couch...and I had to wake her up a couple of times because she saws wood when she snores,) Grimm was NOT.  He wanted a slumber party: emphasis on "PAR-TAY!" He would wake me up every two hours, shove his cold, wet nose into my face and snort and nudge.  Then when I woke up, he'd respond with, "OH MY GOSH! YOU ARE TOTALLY AWAKE! I THINK YOU SHOULD FEED MY BREAKFAST, AND THEN WE CAN GO OUTSIDE TO PLAY!" and "GIDGET! GIDGET! GIDGET! WAKE UP! MOM'S UP!" and Gidget responded with "shut up, Grimm.  I'm trying to sleep here."

I think tonight I'll take my chance with getting sick!

No comments: