Monday, December 7, 2009

Making Memories.

Yesterday, Andrew and I went up to his parents' house to visit. While we were up there, we decided to take a walk so Andrew could show me his parents' property line all the way up to a pulpwood field. On our way up, we passed a tiny cedar tree that I said would make a perfect Christmas tree for us.

On our way back, Andrew took our his pocketknife and sawed the small sapling down. I delightfully carried it down as if it was my staff leading a parade.

When his dad came out and saw it, he said, "that ain't no Christmas tree!" We began [another] hunt. I told Andrew the mini tree would be for my office.

We found another tree (about 4 feet tall), and we cut that down and put it in the back of my car.

We stopped by a store on the way home, bought blue Christmas lights and some blue and silver ornaments.

Andrew ended up gashing his knuckle fixing the tree, and we had no stand for it. We improvised. Using a 3-gallon bucket, we placed the tree in it, surrounded it with rock and then kitty litter (it's all we had at 8pm!) Ta da! Our tree. We stabbed ourselves with the sharp needles on the cedar hanging lights, and we made a white paper chain out of white wrapping paper to use as a garland.

Voila! Our "EMT tree" was complete! Ah....memories. It may not look like much to some, but to us - it's awesome!

No comments: