Monday, December 28, 2009

All I Got for Christmas was a Fiancé and a Sinus Infection

That about sums it up :)

All I got for Christmas was a [kick-ass, wonderful, spectacular] fiancé and a [horrid, awful, sniffle-inducing] sinus infection :)

First...the good stuff...



Now, what makes this ring so important is that there are four generations represented:

L to R: Great-grandmother's diamond from her engagement ring, great-great grandmother's diamond from her engagement ring, and grandmother's ("Nan") diamond from her engagement ring. The band Andrew picked out and had the diamonds mounted on.

That's right...1...2...3...4...4 generations. Apparently he and my mom have been conversing back and forth regarding the diamonds and the ring as well as the engagement date. Over Thanksgiving when my parents were up visitng, Andrew and my dad had "the talk."

So it was Christmas Eve...I was feeling rough. We had finished dinner, and we all went back out into the living room. Andrew looked at me and said, "I have an early Christmas present for you." I asked, "you do?" and he pulls out a gift-wrapped box with a bow. When I opened it and saw what it was, he asked, "will you marry me?" Of course I said yes :)

August 27th, 2011...in case you're wondering.

And the bad...

Santa brought me a sinus infection - blagh! Luckily, I have another 3-day short work week before heading to my parents' house for the New Years holiday (and the Ducks playing OSU in the Rose Bowl!)

No comments: