Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm sorry...I can't understand you.

I thought some of you might find this humorous. While I was driving home last night, I came upon a sign (in someone's yard) that said "Barn and Pasture for Rent," and it gave a phone number. I called the number, and a woman answers:

"Hi, I saw your sign for the barn and pasture for rent, and I was wanting to know more about it."
"Okay, I can answer your questions. Like what?"
"Like...what type of barn is it? What type of fencing do you have? Stuff like that."
"What type of what?"
"Fencing."
*pause*
"I'm sorry....uh....uh....a what?"
"FENCING. As in a fence?"
"I'm sorry, but I don't understand what word you're saying. My husband comes home in about 30 minutes, I can have him call you. I just don't know what you're saying."
"FENC-ing as in a picket fence? What type of FENCING is around the PASTURE?"
"Maybe you can spell the word?"
"F-E-N-C-E....FENCE."
"Well....we don't have any fence I don't think."
"You don't have any fencing around the pasture?"
"The what?"
"The pasture. The barn and pasture for rent - you don't have your pastures fenced?"
"OH the BARN. I thought you meant our house."

1 comment:

The Journey said...

I think you need to go to the doctor... You are a magnet for these types!

Made me laugh though!