Monday, March 16, 2009

My company with my industry...

Every once in awhile, I'll get a piece of mail filtered to me at work that really stands out. If it's not a fake "past due" notice that says, "your account is seriously past due" (which turns out to be a scam), it's a letter like this one. The word of the day, boys and girls, is "vague:"

Dear Shelby,

Our buyer group has requested that our firm assist them in locating a company within your industry that would be willing to sell their business.........

Of course, the letter continues on with additional vagueness about the "limited information" they have about our company (what? our mailing address?) and asking me to call a 1-800 number so that one of their analysts in "my area" (way to narrow it down there, folks) can discuss this opportunity with me.

You know, I'm half-tempted to call these people and play along - ask them what information they have about our company that would dictate such an opportunistic letter.


Maybe later.

No comments: