Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mini Book Club

I had wanted to start one previously, but most everyone was busy or had other books. Laura and I are officially starting one.

Our first book is Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time. It's by Dava Sobel. Laura and I saw it in the required reading section at Once and Again books over on Holcomb Bridge Road. Neither one of us had heard of it, so we bought it. Apparently, Sobel also wrote a book about Galileo and his daughter.

I don't know what our reading schedule will look like. I'll have to compare notes with Laura as to what books we both have and bought from Once and Again for under $6 (shameless plug).

I'll post our discussions up on here.

2 comments:

Mama McCall said...

I wish we all lived closer together.

Jack said...

'tis okay...with Laura's and my schedules..it'll be more online than anything else :)