Friday, August 22, 2008

CHEESE: Updated

I had been researching DSLRs for awhile now, and I settled on a good "starter" DSLR: A Nikon D40. I walked into Wal-Mart, went to the camera department, and there weren't any D40s left in the case. I slightly freaked out and asked the salesperson who smiled and went to the back. He came back with the camera, judged that I had done my research and helped me pick out a quality SD Memory Card and Bag for my camera. He said I had made a good choice and that he started with a D40 as well. He proceeded to show me a picture of his camera...on his cell phone - lol.

I got home, and like a kid with a new toy, I set up my camera. Because my battery has to be charged, I could only play with the zoom and focus manually, and I am all sorts of giddy.

I was reading over some of the settings, and I will learn how to take various photos (especially close up) so that when we go to Chattanooga tomorrow, I'll at least LOOK like I know what I'm doing.

I can't wait to take up close shots at the Butterfly House and a variety of other up close shots (the touch tank) and also random spots around Chattanooga: Walnut Street Bridge, the Trail of Tears trail, etc.

So anyone considering a "starter" DSLR, I would recommend the Nikon D40 (I will upload random pictures that I take in my room tonight so you can see quality).

No comments: