Friday, August 8, 2008

Awe.

I am in awe of the 2008 Olympics opening ceremonies. It had to have been the BEST opening ceremony I have ever seen. The technology, the finesse, the preciseness of the movements was absolutely beautiful. If you didn't catch the opening ceremonies, you certainly missed a spectacular display: moving printing blocks, 2008 drummers, just amazing.

One of the best images was the printing blocks that created the Great Wall "coming down" and plum flowers sprouting up in its place showing "open-ness." Guess what? The moving printing blocks were computerized. It was all people, and it was amazing. I can't even put words to it. If I can find a video of it on YouTube, I will post it.

Tears almost came to my eyes when thousands of Chinese donned in illuminated suits formed a white dove. When masses of the people moved, it created wings soaring through the air. Absolutely stunning. It's amazing to think of the precision of all of the people that make the opening ceremonies possible. It simply is breathtaking.

They also had 2008 Tai Chi masters that were wonderful and so precise but fluid at the same time. I got chills.

I kind of wish I had recorded it.

Stupid things Bob Costas said:

"I must remind you that the Central African Republic is...a Republic in Central Africa."

"Benin probably won't win any medals, but they did win one race: they were the first in the Olympic village." (that's a great consolation prize, thank you, Bob.)

No comments: