Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fun times.

I answered the phone before Jugs did, and here we go......

1-800-815-6318

Transcript of phone call:

“May I speak to Don XXXXX?” (our company's OWNER)
“I’m sorry, but he’s not at this location.”
“Ohhhhh, he’s not. Well who’s the big man in charge out there?”
“May I ask what this is regarding?”
“Uh, no this is a personal matter.”
“Well if this is a personal matter, don’t you think you should know the person’s name you’re looking for?”
“Yeah, it was Don XXXXX."
"Okay, but he’s not at this location so what personal matter do you have and with whom?”
“I don’t have to answer that.”
“Uh, yes you do, sir. What’s your company name?”
“That’s none of your business……MY COMPANY – there you go – that’s my company name... 'MY COMPANY'.”
“At what company do you work, sir?”
“Ma’am you’re being VERY rude to one of your customers. Do you want to get fired?”

** HANG UP **

He calls back.
I answer: “Good Morning, XXXXXXX.”
“PUT….YOUR BOSS….ON THE PHONE NOW.”
“I will need to know who is calling and from what company.”
“MA’AM, I DON’T WANT TO KNOW HIS NAME, I WANT TO TALK TO HIM TO GET YOU FIRED!”
“Please do not call here again. Put me on your do not call list.”
“You have no idea who you’re speaking to.”
** Google search/white pages ---- “telemarketer – AT&T” **
“Uh, yeah I do. You’re calling from AT&T.”
“No I'm not, you don’t know who you’re talking to.”
“I’m reading it right here – telemarketer calling from AT&T. Please do not call here again. Put us on your DO NOT CALL LIST.”
"I'm not calling from AT&T!"
"Sir, I can hear the other telemarketers in the background."

**I hang up **

I call back the 1-800 number, and, sure enough, it was AT&T. I told the person that I received two very rude calls back to back, and I would like for our company to be placed on their DO NOT CALL list IMMEDIATELY.

Woman sighed and asked if I got a name. I said, “JOHN” which is probably fake. She said, “and what’s your company’s phone number?” So I told her. She was going to put the supervisor on the phone, but she was on the other line. Said she would put us on DO NOT CALL and would have the supervisor call.

No comments: