Thursday, July 24, 2008

Friends.

In case some of you didn't notice, I tend to have a great group of friends. I don't even consider them friends. I consider them second family. I even gained some family members over the past few weeks.

PoolBoy and I had originally made plans tonight as a small group, but, heh, obviously, that's not happening. I met he and Valerie at Taco Mac in Woodstock (our "haunt.") Peroni was the beer of the month. Peroni. Let me explain Peroni. Peroni is a light Italian beer. It tastes like Coors Light....mixed with Bud Light.........with some added seltzer water......mmmmmmmmmmmm.

It was Beer of the Month. I wanted a free glass (they were out...as always). After some buffalo wings and queso, and the threat of salmonella from the jalapeno (I was the court food tester and ate the jalapeno), it was a great time.

We talked about things (surface of things), and then we talked about old stories from college, kayaking on Sunday with Bobbie, Val ended up knowing Bobbie from High School, we talked about Token, and just randomness. It was good to be out and about, and, for those of you concerned about my violent drop in iron due to not eating well, I ATE :) (And I drank beer and cider).

I'm semi-looking forward to this weekend. It won't be as hard as awhile ago. I'm not really looking forward to tomorrow evening. Saturday I've been invited by an Irish friend (who is also a Glasgow Celtic fan) for some drinks at one of the "Irish-approved pubs" in the area, and, on Sunday, Bobbie (girl) and I are having a "RAR! North Georgia girls kick ass! Kayaking Excursion" down the Hooch (depending on the generating schedule at Buford Dam). See us Hydroelectric Power nerds (*cough* me *cough*) check stuff like that before risking our lives on the river. Actually, I didn't think about that until Morgenstern's grandfather said, "Now you girls be sure to check that river's water release schedule before kayaking on that river."

So...thank you, Henry :)

Anyways, I just thought I would say that I love my friends, and you guys should expect some pictures of what happens when two Glasgow Celtic fans get together AND kayaking with Bobbie.

No comments: