Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Before and After, again

Here's me in January of this year at my Pop's memorial service held at Engine Company 3 in Warwick, NY (my dad's old department):

I pretty much look like a round, green Christmas ornament, don't I? Yeah and with three chins or more.
Here is me in May right before my cousin's wedding...note the lack of multiple chins...



And here is me at the beginning of June after drinking a glass of V8 juice a day, cutting down on junk foods, etc. (see below - I still partake), and biking every Sunday:

And yet, I still have lost more weight and can, successfully bike at least 18 miles before my knees are on fire.

Some things I've done:

1) Realized I was not only not happy, but I wasn't healthy. By being not healthy, I wasn't happy.

2) I couldn't do half of the things I wanted.

3) I cut back on horrible food choices, fast food, and "cokes."

4) I started drinking a glass of V8 juice a day.

5) Snacks turned to pretzels instead of potato chips.

6) I started biking every Sunday (starting in May I guess it was)

7) Just because the food tastes good doesn't mean you have to be a glutton.

8) Food does not equal comfort.

9) Don't necessary set "number" goals, set other goals. Ex: "I will feel better" or "I will bike x miles."

10) You can't be healthy-happy if you're not mentally-happy. Lose weight, be happy, be a mentor.





No comments: