Friday, July 18, 2008

Arg. Annoyance.

Similar to people sticking their nose in your business, only hearing half a story or none of it at all, and making false judgments, something else annoys me just as much. When you leave for a day or two from work, and you come back, and someone has decided to rearrange and reformat things on your PC (no, not as in I had the icons on my desktop in some funky shape).

I was gone 1-1/2 days from work attending a training seminar. That is appx. 15 hours. I told my coworker to log into my e-mail daily and check to see if certain persons had e-mailed. She sent a text during one of my breaks yesterday saying that our manager had logged into my computer to check the e-mails as well.

I return to my computer. The font size has decreased from about 10 pt arial to about 7 pt arial.
Comparison sake:

This is 10 pt. arial.
This is 7 pt. arial.


So, my e-mail inbox had bunched up e-mails instead of something easier to read. He increased the resolution on my desktop so that my icons were 1/2 the size, and the program names underneath were also 7 pt. Everything was changed on my computer so that I felt as if I would go insane or get a headache reading everything in 7 pt. font!

I had to readjust the resolution, the font size, the program font size, the orientation of windows, remove the automatic reading pane option from ALL of my folders in Outlook......the list goes on.

Why can't people leave things alone? I was only gone a day and a half. I think it would have been fine reading and checking my e-mails without redoing my computer!

No comments: