Monday, June 30, 2008

Silver Comet Trail: Part II: Floyd Rd. to Carter Rd.



Biking started off with a short ride on Friday night. Keith and I went over to see Bobby at work and took a short Greenway bike (4 miles). The skies were getting rough, and finishing in the parking lot we started from, there was a rumble of thunder and some lightning.

Well on Sunday, we completed yet another leg of the Silver Comet Trail yesterday. Keith, Bobby, and I did the stretch from Floyd Rd. to Carter Rd. (8.8 miles round trip). Actually, we were all shocked about how fast our pace was heading to and coming from. At about 3 miles in, I heard Bobby call out, "did we really just go 3 miles already?" After doing some math, we realized we had.

I don't know how long it took us to bike that distance, but it seemed like it was MAYBE an hour to do so! We could have all kept on going, but there were impending rain clouds in the sky, and getting caught on a nice lightning rod of a bicycle wasn't really on our schedule for the day.

The pace to was quicker as it was a slow down hill (that went unnoticed until the pace from). The pace from was a good clip. I was actually moving along at a great pace, zoned in, and I hear "SHELBY! WAIT!" so I pull over to the side - immediately my body gets off track/off zone, and here comes Bobby and then Keith. Bobby told me his quad was killing him, but then just wanted to mess with me for being so far ahead. Thanks, Bobby - I won't stop next time - haha.

The last mile or so back, I had a surging pain race through my shoulder joint and wrist. I had to slow down and ride with my left hand holding onto the right strap of my backpack. I still don't know what caused it, but my shoulder had hurt the previous night, too.

The Silver Comet Depot bike shop on Floyd Rd. is great, too :) It is like a candy store for bikers. Keith picked out a seat he wanted, I saw a seat I wanted, Bobby got some gloves, and I had to pry myself away from making a mental wish list which included a flat black hybrid.

It was a great ride. Sorry, there aren't any pictures this time of this trip, but we'll have some next time.

No comments: