Monday, June 23, 2008

A little inspiration...

Below are some random Bible verses from a Bible Study group I have online. I will comment on each of the below and what they mean to me:

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17

-- This quote is strong. He who believes in Christ is new. It only goes to show God's unbiased forgiveness towards his people. "Wash away the old," "cleanse your sins away," and other statements have been the shortened form of this. What God sees when you believe in Him is who you are...and you are not who He had seen. --

The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1

-- "With God, all things are possible" is another wording for this phrase. The Lord is there. He will be your light, your salvation, your guide through good times and bad. Above all else, God is a constant in your life regardless of what life throws at you. --

Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.
1 Thessalonians 5:15

-- "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and "treat others as you would be treated" are the alternate forms of this verse. If someone does you wrong, don't give them "payback" in return. Treat them, regardless, of how you would want to be treated. This verse ties into my belief of unless you know someone and every single little aspect of that person then you have no right to judge them or wrong them. I use the following example:

I was at Kinko's with someone I had dated. A woman walks in with, obviously, a wig on. Albeit, it was wacky beyond belief, but there was a reason for it. She wore a Cancer 3-day walk shirt and donned in Breast Cancer attire. The guy I was dating said, "Look at that psycho bitch and her hair - give me a break - she looks like a f'ing bird." I was so mad at that comment. I knew why she was wearing a wig - plain as day. I thought, if something happened to you, say a surgery, and you couldn't run fast. Would you want someone saying behind your back, "look at that loser and how slow he is!" No. You would not. So why would you say something like that about someone without knowing anything about them?

I don't judge; it's not my place. If I don't know everything about someone, how can I do so anyways?

No comments: