Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Worst Morning Show Ever.

Quite possibly the most disgusting morning show on Earth.

You know, I like crude humor with the rest of them, but "The Giant Show" on Project 9-6-1 (96.1 FM out of Atlanta, GA) has got to be the most horrific morning radio show I have ever heard. When they first came around, they promised a radio morning show unlike any others. While I appreciate the fact they still play music as opposed to the other radio stations who ONLY talk for 5 hours or so, I detest the actual show itself.

There's nothing that I want to hear more on my morning drive than to have one of my favorite White Zombie songs end and then hear "Yeah, well one of our MILFs in our hottest MILF contest is nineteen." Way to go. I mean...that's what I want to hear on my drive into work. I want to hear that one of our Atlanta 19 year olds is a 'MILF.' 19...to me...she hasn't even reached adulthood. The fact that she knows how to have a baby isn't "adulthood." Boobs, ass, sex, drugs, getting drunk, while these may be aspects of the "Rock World" - they SUCK to listen to in monotone voices in the morning.

I made the mistake of visiting the "Giant Show" on Project 9-6-1's website, and I couldn't believe my eyes. There should be some sort of content warning. I wasn't expecting to see (fake) Miley Cyrus nude shots, a woman slathered in soapy water "washing" a car, "MILFs" in provocative - nude or almost nude clothing, etc. How disgusting. I was expecting to see some sort of information about bands upcoming or topics discussed, contests, etc. The only contests they seem to have are "who is the hottest MILF?" and "What girl is hottest?" etc. Give me a break.

I may be a woman, but I have a pretty open mind. What I can't stand is hearing how "cool" it is to get drunk ... and drive.....or how "cool" it is to get high....or how "cool" it is to be 19 years old with a baby and still thinking you're all that.

Gross.

No comments: