Friday, May 16, 2008

A Morbid Blog.

Kind of a morbid blog, but you know, if I don't post it, or I don't let people know, how will they? So here goes.

If for some reason, I should die unexpectedly, would you know what I wanted my friends and family to know? Would you know what my final wishes were? If not, you should continue reading. If you know, stop now, or you might get a little teary-eyed.

1. NO ONE is allowed to wear all black at my memorial service. NO ONE. I want vibrant colors. I want blues and reds and purples. I want people to be comfortable. Wear jeans. By all means, where cowboy boots or cowboy hats - or both. Nothing corny - no fake foam hats or anything - that's not allowed. Wear a big foam finger that says "God rocks!" or "Jack's #1!"

2. Don't spend your time crying. Okay, shed some tears for me, but no massive weeping. Celebrate my life not mourn my death.

3. Have a good time. After my service, I want there to be a BBQ, a Grill Out somewhere. I want there to be cold beers and ciders, cold wine, and people just having a great time. I swear, if someone drawls out Margaritaville...I will HAUNT you! Play some Counting Crows, some Blessid Union of Souls. Play some rockin' songs that we all know. Morgenstern, play Footloose ;)

4. I want Morgenstern to sing at my service or somewhere. She'll get upset so someone probably needs to be there with her - Lesley, Robert, someone. Morgenstern, don't sing an overly sappy song. Sing something that reminds you of me like El Tango del Roxanne. I probably f'ed that one up, but oh well.

5. No fighting over anything I may have. I don't have anything extravagent, but what I do have I don't want fought over.

6. Any of my artwork gets divided among my friends and family.

7. Photos do the same thing as #6.

8. I do not want to be buried in a coffin. I would like to be cremated; however, being the unique person I am....here is how I would like my parts to be spread:

1) Dick's Creek in the North Georgia Mountains
2) Warwick, NY apple orchard
3) Cape May, NJ
4) Wildwood
5) Kenya or Tanzania (if possible)
6) Scottish Highlands near Caithness
7) Edinburgh
8) Among a fabulous rose garden

That's about it, I guess - but I want the remaining ashes buried with my family.

9) Let's see....Roses are my favorite. I like wildflowers. I love cheesecake - you do the math.

I guess that's about it. I'd put here what I'd say to family and friends, but that would get entirely too mushy....and long.

No comments: