Thursday, May 8, 2008

A letter.

Dear God (or to whomever deity you believe),

I know I am human, and I know I am fallible. I know that you test us when we need it most, and I also know that you know when we need it. I am asking for just a little help here: just a little time when I am not being tested. At this point, it feels as though I'm a lone stick house on a small island being bombarded on all sides by monsoons and typhoons. You see, God, there is this little piece of string, this thread-barren piece of twine, hand-wound, trying its hardest to hold the stick house together. It does, however, need help. Every second, there are heavy rains and strong winds trying to beat it down, trying to tear it apart and trying to make it seem like it never existed in the first place.

For once, I would like a calm day. A day with blue skies, scant clouds, and a slight breeze: just enough of a breeze to sway the stick house slightly, but not cause any severe damage. Maybe on that calm day, too, you might be able to end it on a calm night so I can sleep a little better, too. BUT...I know that might be asking too much so if you could just help me with one day of calmness, of no typhoons or monsoons, of no doing my best to hold it together but still losing a little bit with each slash of the wind or bite of the storm, I would appreciate it wholly.

Fondly yours,

The twine.

No comments: