Thursday, May 29, 2008

A brief dip into being enamored.

Enamor - \i-ˈna-mər\ ; transitive verb - to cause to feel a strong or excessive interest or fascination.


I wouldn't call it an excessive interest or fascination. The etymology of the word "enamor" comes from "en" and "amor" meaning "in love" though not necessarily professing the "L" word...similar to adore, etc. (now my nerd-dom is showing through). "Enamor" or "enamored" seemed like a fitting word for a change in my life right now.

As I know there are only a handful of people that read [stalk] this blog, they all pretty much know my basic rundown history. Somewhere in this blog is a brief rundown/history on things, and if you can find it, go ahead and just skim over it.

I have never let that history dictate my present and future. I call it one of life's lessons learned.

There is an old saying that says, "you find what you're looking for when you stop looking for it," and I am now a believer that that is the truth. I don't try to pin "it" down or label it so I'm not claiming any particular word for the most recent events, but you all can do what you want.

Courtesy of a giant mastiff's rear end, I have started a wonderful relationship with an even more wonderful man. There is always a piece to a puzzle that fits the puzzle of your life, there is always someone out there that doesn't match you, but someone that complements you...similar to a puzzle piece. He is that person. Somewhere several weeks ago, I started making a list. My friends joined in on this list, and this man "fits" the obscure and ridiculous list.

I call the list obscure and ridiculous because there are so many tiny things on the list that it almost seemed impossible that someone might fit the nooks and crannies (i.e. doesn't mind when I play Halo, likes BIG dogs, likes the outdoors, etc.) I can check all three of those off right now.

So if my blogs seem to retain their sarcasm with a hint of butterflies...you know why :)

No comments: