Friday, April 18, 2008

Why my life mirrors My Boys

Watching the season finale of "My Boys," and I can't help but crack up while watching it. While it may not mirror my life in its entirety, here are some similarities that I just can't help but list:

1. P.J.'s idea of packing: "jeans, tennis shoes, t-shirt, jersey...I'm done" Any of my female friends know my idea of packing is the same...plus or minus the jersey depending on the season ;)

2. P.J. has a group of friends (guys) who crack up by getting into a batting cage with a helmet and then seeing how painful a fastball to the body (or head) really is.C'mon now...I could think of worse that we've tried - lol

3. P.J. is a Sports Writer.When I was in college, I was the Sports Editor for our university newspaper.

4. P.J. prefers hanging out and having fun rather than an uptight, minimal conversation fancy shmancy place for a date.Change "P.J." above to "Shelby."

5. P.J. has "poker night" once a week in which her friends come over, drink beer, play poker and goof off.We used to (and will again) have Philly Cheesesteak night...in which friends come over, drink cider, eat Philly Cheesesteaks, and goof off.I'm sure I could continue on and on, but I already know my friends reading this are nodding their head, smiling, laughing, and still stuck on number 2 going, "yup, I remember seeing the pictures from the time you guys tried to re-steal a cement bulldog stolen from UGA that was, at that time, located at a Georgia Tech Frat House" (FYI...we failed. Champagne + champagne + two girls does not equal the moving of a 500 lbs cement bulldog) or how about, "yeah I remember that time standing around the bonfire, drinking, having "meaningful philosophical conversations"....while it was raining...until someone said, "seriously, guys, uh, it's raining."

No comments: